Rock Static

a Rockateria for Triadidians, Cackalackians, and all the kids beyond

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Notes on Music

Well, the boss has dissed us in the mainstream media--but I have a reason for the lack of posting in the last few weeks--one that does not include reference to finals or papers.

Back at the beginning of April I went to a show here in Chapel Hill and afterwards I decided that I don't think I like music anymore. I don't know why. It wasn't a bad show--one of the bands was really great--but for some reason I left with a feeling that I wouldn't ever care about music again. Unfortunate since music has been the centerpiece of my life since I was in middle school. I decided that I don't really care to stay up late, in dark places that are full of smoke to have mediocre bands wear down my hearing. I'm just kind of tired of it.

I think part of this feeling is attributable to stress from school. Another portion is that there haven't been any new things that have really caught my ear. I have been listening a lot to some LPs that I already had but didn't really listen to when I first got them--which I will write about later. But over all, I don't know what to say. Maybe I don't believe in Rock-n-Roll anymore.

Or maybe I need a nap.