Rock Static

a Rockateria for Triadidians, Cackalackians, and all the kids beyond

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

On Cocaine Blunts


One of my favorite music resources is Cociane Blunts and Hip-Hop Tapes. CB is a blog that specializes in rare hip-hop tracks--from long lost 12" records and old cassette singles--and is an outgrowth of an old radio show on WRGW. Though the site covers hip-hop from all eras, it seems to focus alot on the late 80's/early 90's, which I love since that is when I grew up and started listening to music. Hearing the songs on CB is like stepping back in time to an awesome middle school dance I never got to go to. Too much good stuff to highlight any one thing (and it should be noted that songs only stay up on the site for a little while)--just click over and start exploring. Well, I will highlight this report on Cam'ron's new career as child advocate.