Rock Static

a Rockateria for Triadidians, Cackalackians, and all the kids beyond

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

On Destroyer


First, thanks to PC and JT for letting me play.

Today, Merge posted the new Destroyer LP--Destroyer's Rubies--for streaming. I am only halfway through the first song--9+ minutes--but it is pretty great already. But I am a Destroyer geek, so don't take my word for it.

Merge also has a Destroyer e-card you can send to your honey for Valentine's Day. (via Word Nerdy)

Speaking of Destroyer Geeks--there is now a Destroyer Wiki set up for the annotation of Dan Bejar's lyics. It is still in its infancy, but I think this will be a really cool resource--at least for those of us that obsess about this sort of stuff.

I've tried a few times to speak eloquently about what I think is great and important about Destroyer, and failed, so just listen to the record and see for yourself--and go see them on March 30th at the Cat's Cradle.