Rock Static

a Rockateria for Triadidians, Cackalackians, and all the kids beyond

Monday, November 27, 2006

Hometown Boys

Once again, I saw My Morning Jacket at their annual Thanksgiving Week Show in Louisville. Once again, the show was fantastic. There were giant puppets having a dance party to VHS or Beta DJs as we entered The Gardens. And Drummer Patrick Hallahan impressed fans with his attitude and control throughout the set. "Run Thru" proved particularly stellar.

My brother George (who took this photo a couple years back) and I determined that Jim James is a modern genius. In fact, George likens their arrangements to that of the late Beach Boys and Jim James' vocals and songwriting to Neil Young but with the rock that Lynyrd Skynyrd served up (the only thing LS did well, really, in my opinion).

Check MMJ out on Conan O'Brien this Wednesday evening/Thursday morning.